Thank You, District 44 for Electing
Kathleen M Cates
Your New Representative for the
New Mexico State House
This victory is due to your hard work and support. Your vote counted!
Now the real work begins:
Let’s roll up our sleeves!
Bills in current legislature
Read more about a bill Kathleen is supporting: Bill calls for expanded coverage for prosthetics patients in NM
How will women legislators modernize New Mexico’s citizen legislature? Read about it in the Journal.
Kathleen Interviewed by Rio Rancho Radio
Representative Cates and Senator McKenna at Corrales Town Hall
Representative Kathleen Cates and Senator Brenda McKenna listen to constituent concerns at Corrales Town Hall, 8 January 2023. Story appears in the Corrales Comment.
Kathleen M. Cates
Representative NM House District 44
More than 25 years experience as a businesswoman and a small business owner, and over 16 years experience as an executive in non-profit organizations. Read more. . .
Kathleen will fight to
- Invest in NM’s Infrastructure to Protect our Water and Grow Our Economy
- Support affordable housing, especially for our veterans and first time buyers
- Ensure the Human Rights of All New Mexicans . . . Read more. . .
What do NM State Representatives do?
The New Mexico Legislature comprises the New Mexico House of Representatives and the New Mexico Senate. Legislators have three main duties:
- Represent their districts and respond to the concerns and needs of citizens of their districts.
- Make laws by researching, writing, and passing legislation.
- Provide oversight of the executive branch.
Where is NM Representative District 44?
Find your street in the map. To see a larger map, click on the map image. Once the PDF map has loaded, use the +key to see details.