Support Kathleen Today
Our opponents have vast reserves. We need your help to continue Kathleen’s important work. Please contribute today
Hello, thank you visiting this site! I am proud to represent New Mexico District 44 as your advocate in the Roundhouse. District 44 comprises the village of Corrales as well as parts of the cities of Rio Rancho and NW Albuquerque.
I love meeting my constituents, and you may see me in your neighborhood someday. But until then, I am frequently at Village Council and city Council meetings, as well as other public forums. So please come by and say hello! See the events calendar to learn where I’ll be next. Hope to meet you soon!
Coming up in the 2024 Legislative Session
This session, I am carrying or supporting several bills and appropriation requests.
Among them are two ethics bills, to make sure New Mexicans have fair and honest government official working for them:
- County Redistricting At the present, county districts are created by county commissioners, which is an obvious conflict of interest. We are seeking funding so that the Secretary of State can convene an independent task force in each county to create fair and representative county districts.
- The Governmental Conduct Act will institute ethical reform for legislators and state employees, implementing a state version of the Hatch act (a federal law introduced by New Mexico Senator Carl Hatch).
As always, I work to improve our immediate and long-term economic success. Some of the legislation we are working to pass this session will
- Help New Mexico Recruit and Retain Medical Professionals. I’m continuing to support legislation that helps New Mexico recruit and retain medical professionals. This year we are again seeking housing subsidies for licensed medical and behavioral health providers in New Mexico who are working three-quarters time or more.
- Increase Support for Apprenticeship Programs on All State Infrastructure Projects.
Fairness and equal representation for all citizens lies behind these legislative efforts to make sure that
- Libraries Do Not Ban Books for Partisan, Doctrinal, or Other Arbitrary Reasons.
- Nurses Have a Seat at the Table on Governing Boards That Affect Their Work.
- People with Housing Vouchers or Other Public Assistance Are Not Arbitrarily Denied Housing.
There is much more, which I hope to share with you over the coming weeks. For now, here is a partial list.
Keep up with the NM State Legislature Here.
Delivering for District 44, Defending Freedoms for All
Kathleen delivers for our district, from ensuring our farmers have the water they need, to supporting our first responders with equipment and services. She defends all our freedoms, including our right to read what we want, a woman’s right to make her own health care decisions, and the right of people with disabilities to have access and equal treatment.